- This event has passed.
💫Career Compass: Finding Your True North – STEM
March 10 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
✭ Do what you Love; Love what you Do ✭
Discovering Your True North
WHAT: More than a Career Fair, Career Compass is an offering of story telling, imagining, and connection.
WHEN: March 10, 10:30 to 1:30pm
WHERE: La Costa Canyon High School Theater
FREE, but please RSVP!
Career Compass is a partnership initiative between parents, the community and La Costa Canyon High School. The objective is to bring more depth and meaning to the typical “career fair” experience. We are seeking to transform the event from one that achieves merely an exchange of information, to one that helps students engage their hearts and minds in exploring what is possible for their futures. Below is an outline of the five (5) core objectives:
- Introduce students to the experience of mindful connection to their own sense of curiosity, inspiration, and what is possible in their own contribution to the world.
- Provide students with information and inspiration about possible career paths that could help direct and motivate their studies.
- Facilitate connection between students and professionals in our community who can vibrantly share the passion and inspiration that led them down their own career paths.
- Provide for an experience of community and connection that involves a surprise activity to spark joy and inspiration!
- Provide for an opportunity for students to consult with representatives from Undergraduate Teaching Institutions that relate to the theme for that particular Career Compass event (e.g. Science, Healthcare, Arts, etc).
Who is it for? All LCC students, including incoming 9th graders.
Who participates? Students from LCC, Parents of Students, Professionals/Alumni in the community who work in the theme area of focus, and Representatives from Colleges and Universities that offer paths of study in the theme area.
What type of backgrounds are you looking for in speakers? Those who are passionate about their field of work, willing to share knowledge, insights and guidance to students about their journey and profession.
When and where will it be held? The Career Compass event will be held on Saturday, March 10th, from 10:30am to 1:30pm. All will gather in the Theater for introductions and community activities before career speaker break outs. The event will conclude on the outdoor stage by the Theater and include finger foods and College and University representatives on hand to share their relevant programs of study.
✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭
If you are able to provide one (or more of the items), please sign-up at right. Please drop-off donations no later than March 9th, 3pm, at the Foundation Office.
Homemade tapas and finger foods most welcome!